Our Simple Funeral allows us to provide a caring and quality service at a fair cost.
A simple, lower-cost funeral option with the comfort of knowing that quality isn’t compromised, we guarantee to provide our usual outstanding levels of care and service.
The cost of the Simple Funeral is £1,590 plus third party costs.
Third party fees are essential services delivered by others, e.g. crematorium fees, that we will manage on your behalf, on average last year our clients paid £850 in third party fees.
What’s included in the Dundas Fyfe Simple Funeral
These are the things that we’ll do for you and the deceased as part of our Simple Funeral:
- We’ll move them from their place of death into our care regardless of the day or time
- We’ll prepare, care for and dress them in a gown or their own clothes
- They will rest in our mortuary facility, or if required, a private room in our funeral office
- Provide a coffin suitable for burial or cremation, either printed veneer or cardboard
- You’ll be able to visit them during normal working hours
- We’ll transport them from the funeral office to the crematorium or cemetery in a Mercedes hearse at the appointed time of the service
- We’ll make all necessary arrangements for a dignified funeral
- Your Funeral Director will be at the funeral to support & guide you through the funeral
We proudly assure you that we will NOT compromise our quality of service in any way.
What additional services can I choose?
We understand that while you may want to keep your funeral simple, there may be some additional services you’d like, to follow traditions or beliefs.
Our experienced funeral arrangers will be happy to talk though your needs and help you decide on the options that best suit you – we’ll then be able to confirm any additional costs that may be incurred.
As part of our Simple Funeral, the following two options are available to you:
- Additional service option – £395 consisting of:-
- We will arrange for the funeral service, celebration or ceremony to take place at your chosen location, day and time before attending the cemetery or crematorium
- We will arrange for a limousine to follow the hearse
- We will arrange for the hearse and limousine to attend your chosen location before the funeral, and proceed to the funeral ‘in cortege’ as a funeral procession
- Embalming – £100
What isn’t included in the Dundas Fyfe Simple Funeral
- There will be no choice of the day and time of the funeral and certain days and times may be excluded
- Bringing the deceased into our care beyond a 20 mile radius (a mileage charge will apply)
- Viewing them outside of normal working hours
- A separate funeral service or celebration taking place before proceeding to the local crematorium or cemetery
- Additional transport for the mourners
- Third party fees – These include fees for the minister, church and crematorium. We kindly ask for payment for these at the time of making the funeral arrangements.